As someone experiencing digestive problems, you may have noticed how your stress levels can wreak havoc on your digestive system. Meditation is an easy and healthy way to quiet your mind and relieve stress. You can transform your negative thought patterns and digest (no pun intended!) old emotions. You will be amazed at how your life is positively impacted with even a few minutes of meditation per day.
Once you begin practicing meditation, you will notice the impact your thought patterns have on your body.
- Start in an easy posture. You can sit on the floor or a chair or lie down. If seated on the floor, elevate your hips with a pillow, folded blanket or meditation cushion to support your spine.
- Close your eyes. Allow your face muscles to relax.
- Observe your breath without changing or judging it. Is it fast? Slow? Shallow? Deep?
- Begin breathing in and out through the nose, expanding the belly on the inhale and drawing the navel to the spine on an exhale. Continue this practice and lengthen the breath as is comfortable.
- Imagine a healing light entering your body through your toes. As this light spreads through your body, allow your muscles to soften. Envision this light bringing relaxation and healing to each and every cell in your body.
- Pay close attention to areas in the body where you are experiencing pain, discomfort and inflammation. Imagine that the healing light brings a softness to these areas and that the body relaxes.
- Notice the thoughts that enter your mind, then let them go. Your mind will wander; everyone's does. Without judgement, just continue to bring your focus back to your breath.
- Spend as little as 5 minutes per day, working up to 30 minutes.
Meditation Products We LOVE
Eye Pillow: For the ultimate relaxation, invest in an eye pillow with lavender and flax seed.
Meditation Cushion: a firm cushion designed to raise your hips above your knees when you are seated on the floor to support a long spine. A lifesaver for those with tight hips. Click here to purchase this durable Cosmic Cushion by Sun and Moon Originals.