We have been so fortunate to have wonderful friends share their inspiring stories with us on how they have dealt with Crohn's, colitis and celiac disease. Here is the best advice to kick off a healthy and prosperous 2015! Happiest and healthiest of New Years to you and yours!
1. Your life is probably going to be different -- but that doesn't mean it's going to be worse.
2. Patience, have patience with your body. It is going through drastic changes. Listen to what it is telling you. Time heals all wounds.
3. Everyone has problems. Your problem just happens to be in your gut. Take control of your IBD and do not let it affect your life! ~Jacob Ludin
4. Even when it feels impossible to live with your disease, remember that it will become possible. ~Billy Driscoll
5. Stay healthy. A good diet and exercise is so important. Also stay strong. There are so many others to lean on, and others helped me get through the tough times. ~Adam Levine
6. One of the main reasons for my disclosure was to prove to patients or relatives of sufferers that you can not only survive this disease, but THRIVE. Yes, there is a lot of medication, yes, there are set backs, yes, there is worry ... But with strength that you may not have ever known you possessed, you can live a full and productive life. ~Benjamin King
7. Slowly introduce things back into your routine -- whether it is exercise, diet or social activities -- and always do things in moderation. It's all about trial and error and finding out what works for you. ~Emily Miller
8. Always ask before you eat. ~Tara Gottlieb