Digestive Wellness is a consulting business focusing on people with digestive disorders. Think health coaching with a specific focus on the digestive tract. We are expanding, and we need some help now! We are looking for a qualified intern who is passionate about health and wellness and excited to lead our social media strategies. Most importantly, we want you to have a passion for our patients, our work, and the desire to talk about it. If it excites you to shape something and be a part of a wellness company from the beginning, please apply!
This position will require a 10 hour commitment per week from September 15 to December 15, and most of the work can be done remotely. Deliverables and timelines will be determined by the CEO and you, the Social Media Marketing Manager together. The CEO is looking for a partner in the SMM Manager, someone who can take responsibility for, and have pride and ownership in, your work. If you are building a portfolio for school or in applying for jobs, you may use your work at DW in your portfolio. The CEO will happily write you a glowing recommendation and serve as a reliable reference if your work quality is amazing!
Social Media & Marketing Manager
DW wants an influential, business-savvy Social Media Marketing Manager, who will nurture our online community and assist the CEO with compiling a press kit. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and very entrepreneurial.
This is a startup environment, so we want who can hit the ground running and provide innovative results. This position is unpaid for the semester, but if you flourish, there will be opportunity for a paid position as we grow!
- Manage and grow business presence across critical social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and email newsletters and blasts.
- Develop the social and content strategy and social media plan.
- Manage social accounts, using performance metrics to shape future strategies.
- Test new platforms and choose which ones we should be focus on.
- Familiar with MailChimp and can assist with creating content for newsletters and email blasts.
Experience & Qualifications
- You are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in marketing, PR, or communications.
- You've got experience growing online communities, telling powerful stories that resonate, setting campaign goals and meeting them.
- You have your own social media platforms and are able to provide them with your application.
- You are as strong visually as you are verbally. You can pen powerful patient stories in an impactful way that generates traditional and social media interest.
- You have intangible skills, like team work, adaptability, open mindedness and positivity.
- You are a pro with computers (Mac preferred), including word processing and general Internet savvy.
Send your resume, cover letter, and social media links to email@example.com. Please include a statement about why you are interested in Digestive Wellness. We want to find an awesome partner who is as excited about health and wellness as we are!