The spices in this delicious black bean chili provide digestion-stimulating properties ... just in time for Super Bowl Sunday! A crowd-pleaser for your fans!
Recipe taken from The Inside Tract.
Prep Time: 15 minutes I Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 2/3 cups coarsely chopped red bell peppers (about 2 medium)
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained
1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
1 medium avocado, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.
- Mix in the chili powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the beans and tomato sauce.
- Bring the chili to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the flavors blend and the chili thickens.
Ladle the chili into bowls. Top with chopped cilantro and avocado. Enjoy!